[R>Artist 2D] [R>Artist 3D] Share Looking for a long-term 2D or 3D artist for a visual novel (fantasy setting, bdsm kink)

FlimsyLegs

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
Project:
- Taru's Infernal Pledge
- F95Zone link: VN - HTML - Taru's Infernal Pledge [v0.3.0] [FlimsyLegs] | F95zone
- Itch.io link:

Synopsis:
In Taru's Infernal Pledge, you step into the shoes of Taru 'Bolt' Nopsa, a dashing young woman and exceptionally skilled thief, rogue and assassin. Immerse yourself in a new original fantasy universe and the sprawling metropolitan city of Valkama, the capital city of Jaerwik in the northern edges of the known world.

Taru has been working with a gang of criminals, her only family in truth, for a few years now. Her latest mission turns out to be a trap, and she is taken captive by cultists of an ancient evil known as The Fathomless Hunger. Her soul will be sacrificed to appease this mysterious deity, unless she can escape her shackles.

Piru, the 5th archdemon of hell has been trying to tempt Taru into a deal with him for many years. Now, in order to escape the cultists, Taru finds herself finally pledging her body to the demon. The demon's demands, however, make her head spin...

What to expect from the game

Taru's Infernal Pledge is a tale of corruption and dark desires. BDSM is a recurring theme throughout the game. Follow the events of the current timeline where Taru gets into trouble (sexual and otherwise) everywhere she goes. Her objectives: Find out who betrayed her and get her revenge, free her soul from the dark force that has claimed it, and free her body from her pledge to the demon, while honoring the terms of her deal. In parallel, follow the flashback events before her current predicament, where she and her gang take on the biggest heist of their careers. In both the current timeline and the flashbacks, your choices matter and shape the story that will unfold.

Development Status

The first 5 chapters of the game (100 000 words) have been written, and this early access version is available in Itch. A free demo is available on Itch (and extended demo on f95zone). Due to the format of the game, there are currently around 475 passages, which means the first 5 chapters could be visualized using approximately 350 images.

Scope

The story I have currently designed will see the game spanning about 13 chapters. This would make it roughly 260 000 words long, with about 1300 passages. (These are rough estimates!). For an artist, this means something between 800 and 1000 images that needs to be created.

Developer:
- FlimsyLegs (me)

Looking for:
- A 2D or 3D artist to join the project for the entirety of its length, developing art for it. (Backgrounds and characters).

Employment Type:
- Shared revenue. The game will initially be available on itch, but will be published on Steam once it is done.
- NOTE: You should join the project as a hobby-level interest, not looking for a huge income. There is no guarantees that the game will be a massive hit. I prefer working with people who are passionate about the project, rather than those looking to make a quick buck.
- I can offer you 30% of the gross revenue of the game, to compensate your work. (This is closer to 35-50% of the actual net income depending on if it is Steam or Itch, if I go over 15k / year in sales for all my games and must pay added value tax, etc.).

Work commitment:
- Long term. Part time. My pace of working is roughly 1 chapter every 1.5 months, which means the game will be in development for at least a whole year. When art is getting integrated to the project, it will naturally slow things down a bit as well. This means that if you join the project, you're willing to join it for up to 2 years and slowly create art for it on the side as the story progresses. Initially, there are of course 5 chapters done already and creating art for those is going to take quite some time.

Preferred method of contact:
- Send a DM here on f95zone!

Job Description:
- The game takes place in an original dark fantasy universe, with nordic, occult and demonic themes. Bondage and BDSM is the kink explored in this game.
- Most of the characters are human, but there are some demons (one of the main characters is a demon), and some fantasy creatures.
- A hand drawn approach might be best to fully bring the world alive. I doubt there are assets in existing tools for everything the game wants to explore.
- I prefer to give you the freedom to design the art, characters, and backgrounds in the game. The writing contains very detailed descriptions for how things look, what characters are wearing, etc. and should be used as a helpful guideline. The writing can always be modified a bit to match actually created images, if it is impossible to create what is written.
- Apparently Daz3D offers a limited amount of fantasy assets, and should be avoided when creating art for this game.
- Using static backgrounds and character sprites with different poses and expressions is an acceptable approach.
- Your unique art style is welcome here! Due to the complexity of the sex scenes, a lot of flexibility for poses, clothes and bdsm toys is needed. (There are a lot of BDSM sex scenes in the game. The tool used (unless hand drawn) should support these kinds of assets. (i.e. handcuffs, collars, ball-gags, leashes, pillories, yokes, rope in various places). There is already a detailed shibari rope bondage scene where the main character is gradually tied with ropes. There's a big chance this isn't possible to create using a character posing tool at all.)

Additional comments:
I have developed two games before this, Animus Non Grata and Jessica's Plight, if you want to check them out before deciding if you want to join this project:
-
-
The art for Animus Non Grata was created by Synthetic Rush using Daz3D. I'm not looking for a similar art style with TIP.
The art for Jessica's Plight was created by me with makehuman, AI tools and gimp. (it is terrible, I know!).

You can play the extended demo of Taru's Infernal Pledge for free here on f95zone, which shows the first three chapters of the game. They should give a pretty good understanding of the type of game TIP is.

tacoforce157

Aug 25, 2024
Hey there, I'm a hobby artist looking for a good project to sink my teeth in to. I do a lot of illustration/comic work and have been digging into game art. I'm pretty adaptable when it comes to style and draw everything by hand (digitally) but looking into incorporating 3d into my work. send me a DM (new account so can't dm you).
5654.jpg image033.jpg

Reactions: FlimsyLegs